Maintaining an outside plant network is a lot like owning a car. You wouldn’t expect to drive 40,000 miles without changing the oil; neither should you expect your cable plant to survive without maintenance.
OSP Services will be your partner to maintain your plant and reduce the possibility of catastrophic failures.
- Verification that the plant can be located with electro-magnetic locating equipment
- Verification that the cable markers are intact and not in need of replacement
- Verification that handholes and structures are in reasonable condition and are not damaged
- Verification that splice cases are not leaking or have any other water issues
- Verification that no rodent incursions into handholes or pedestals have occurred
- Verification of fiber integrity through periodic OTDR reviews for comparison to baselines
The right way
The WRONG way
Fiber and Duct Repair
OSP Services is there to get your plant back in top working condition.
24/7 emergency deployment of supervisors to take control of a damage event site.
Coordination with stakeholders in order to provide updates for estimated time to repair with periodic updates.
Post-Recovery follow-up to:
- Determine the root cause of the damage
- Should a high-value cable have had a Watch and Protect requirement?
- Determine potential financial liability